Building Equality into the Curriculum Conference
This conference sets out some parameters for thinking about pedagogy and equality. It considers a range of challenges for practitioners in developing good practice to embed equality into the curriculum.
We aim to bring together sets of ideas and recommendations for embedding equality into teaching, learning, observation and support.
Aims of the Conference
This practical and interactive one day course will answer questions you might have about building equality into the curriculum within your organisation
The conference and the accompanying toolkit will examine what good equality, diversity and inclusion strategies in the classroom look like.
We will highlight the need for all those working within Schools, Colleges and Work Based Learning
organisations. Collges, Schools and Work Based Learning organisations not only provide and support training for good equitable strategies but
they promote equality, diversity and inclusion though their own behaviour,
observation of teaching and learning and their teaching and learning practice.
The conference will focus on the question of what needs to change and what needs to be done to achieve equality, diversity and inclusion in teaching, learning and curriculum development, design and delivery.
Complete our Expression of Interest form below and we will send you full details.
Who is this Conference aimed at?
The Building Equality into the Curriculum Conference is perfect for
- CPD managers
- Curriculum managers
- E&D managers
- Quality managers
- Staff development managers
- Advanced practitioners
- Tutors/teachers, team leaders and people with a responsibility for managing and delivering training on equality, diversity and inclusion in education settings.
- Staff involved in teacher training or carrying out lesson observations, and teaching staff.
Objectives of the day
- to explore how equality and diversity can be embedded more effectively within curriculum
design, planning, teaching, learning and delivery
- to explore best practice and showcase good and developing practice practical examples
- to understand the benefits embedding equality into the curriculum for learners and learning
- to explore how to effectively engage learners in promoting
equality, tackling discrimination and fostering good working
relationships between diverse groups
- to explore standards for EDI with regard to
Observation of teaching and learning and delivery of teaching and learning
This course will help you to:
- effectively and systematically embed EDI within the curriculum and better understand the benefits to learners
- increase your confidence around EDI issues when designing, planning and delivering , or carrying out lesson observations
- improve learner experience, learner satisfaction, identify the presence of EDI within lesson observations and the impact of learning outcomes
- improve your practice in meeting the diverse needs of learners whilst making EDI integral to your everyday curriculum practice
- Building EDI into Observation of Teaching and Learning
- Building EDI into your design, planning and delivery
- How to effectively meet the diverse needs of all learners
- Learner’s voices (engaging learners as partners)
- Providing effective Equality, Diversity and Inclusion CPD sessions to support the practice of staff at all levels
Venue and Date
The Conference will be held in Manchester on 19th November 2014
To book on to the Conference, download the Conference Booking Form
To register your interest, please complete your details below and we will send you further information nearer the time
The Conference cost is £195.00, which includes a copy of the Building Equality into the Curriculum Resource Toolkit. (Worth
Additional delegates from the same organisation can attend for £95.00 each.
All organisations that complete the registration of interest before the end of May 2014 will receive a 10% discount on the Conference fee.