Equality and Diversity in Foster Care
This course is designed to help foster carers to fully appreciate the varied backgrounds that young people originate from.
It also covers the need to respect and promote each child and young person’s unique personality, social circumstances and cultural background including aspects of discrimination.
The trainer, as well as being an equalities specialist, is also a foster carer.
Click here to download the Course Factsheet
Aims of the Course
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Manage diversity and promote equality
- Confidently discuss issues of inequality with children/young people and significant others
- State that the needs, rights and views of the child or young person are at the centre of all practice and provision.
- Illustrate how individuality, difference and diversity are valued and celebrated.
- Explore equality of opportunity, issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- Define and promote social inclusion and advancement of children and young people.
- Reflect on the different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people in care.
- Outline why it is important to provide care which respects and preserves each child’s protected characteristic as defined by the Equality Act 2010
- Illustrate how you support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth and make a positive contribution.
All our training is tailored to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
Click here to see our pre-course questionnaire. This will let us know the objectives you have for the training and an idea of any specific areas you want to be covered.
Once we receive this, we will be able to provide you with a course outline tailored to your needs.
How is the course taught?
This is a face-to-face course taught by experienced professionals. It offers a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
For further information, please email us or call us on 0161 763 4783.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your organisation's needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us
Our In-House course rates are as follows:
- Full day (One trainer - up to 20 participants): £795
- Half day (up to 3 hour sessions): £495
We can do 2 separate half day sessions in a full day for the full day rate
For groups of more than 20, we can provide more trainers or split the delegates into smaller groups
- Travel and subsistence costs are in addition
Please see the following documents for full details