Equality and Diversity in the Workplace: In-house course
This course is for line managers. It will help delegates understand issues relating to discrimination, victimisation and harassment in the workplace - and the confidence to deal with them if they are alleged
This course has been designed to give an overview of the Equality Act 2010 legislation including the implications of getting things wrong.
Click here to download the Course Factsheet
Who should attend the Equality and Diversity in the Workplace course?
This training will be beneficial for all line managers at both operational and strategic levels.
What are the benefits of attending Equality and Diversity in the Workplace training?
This equality and diversity training course will enable delegates to:
- understand the legal framework of discrimination law
- explore the challenges of managing a diverse workforce
- identify the risks of failing to address issues of inequality in the workplace
- increase their competence in dealing with allegations of harassment and other forms of discrimination
How is the Equality and Diversity in the Workplace course structured?
The course is run as a 1-day workshop. Delivery is through a mixture of methods and involves delegates in group exercises and discussions. Training is practical and interactive.
Key topics in the Equality and Diversity in the Workplace course
- Areas of discrimination – who is protected?
- The Equality Act 2010 – What does this mean for managers in the workplace?
- Identifying types of discrimination – how and when does discrimination occur?
- Focus on managing diversity in the workplace
- How to challenge inappropriate behaviour
- Good practice examples
- Case law discussions
All our training is tailored to meet the needs of the organisation, so we would go through your specific requirements and develop a course to meet those requirements.
Click here to see our pre-course questionnaire. This will let us know the objectives you have for the training and an idea of any specific areas you want to be covered.
Once we receive this, we will be able to provide you with a course outline tailored to your needs.
How is the course taught?
This is a face-to-face course taught by experienced professionals. It offers a range of methods to help participants develop both skills and knowledge. These include direct formal input, small and large group discussions and exercises and case study material.
For further information, please email us or call us on 0161 763 4783.
We can develop or modify a course specifically to meet your organisation's needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us
Our In-House course rates are as follows:
- Full day (One trainer - up to 20 participants): £795
- Half day (up to 3 hour sessions): £495
We can do 2 separate half day sessions in a full day for the full day rate
For groups of more than 20, we can provide more trainers or split the delegates into smaller groups
- Travel and subsistence costs are in addition
Please see the following documents for full details