Writing Single Equality Policies
Your single equality policy should reflect your commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
It is your promise to treat all employees, and potential employees, fairly and considerately
To make sure that your promise becomes a reality we recommend that you attend this half day training course on how to write, review, monitor and action your new single equality policy.
Equality Act Refresher:
- The nine Protected characteristics
- Prohibited conduct: Discrimination, Harassment and Victimisation
- Public Sector Equality Duties
Single Equality Policy:
Overview of stages: Writing, Reviewing, Monitoring and Action
Action planning for Single Equality Policy development
Questions, key learning/action points
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Have a better understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
- Be more aware of the nine protected characteristics and what types of behaviour and discrimination are unlawful
- Have a better understanding of why a single Equality Policy is important in helping to promote equality, tackle discrimination and foster good relations
- Have be more aware of the different stages of developing a single Equality Policy
- Have developed some practical skills in developing and producing a single Equality Policy within their own organisation
The course cost is £395.
This is reduced to £355 per delegate for Network members and where more than one person from an organisation books on to the same course
Dates and Venues
June 18: London
July 6: London
Course Booking Form
Terms and Conditions
This booking constitutes a legally binding agreement. If you
have not heard from us within 7 days prior to the event please
contact Registrations on 0161 763 4783.
Cancellations notified more than four weeks in advance of the Course will incur no charges.
Cancellations made less than four weeks before the event will be charged in full.
Substitutions will be accepted right up the date of the event.
We will not be held liable for the non-arrival of registration information.
For booking information please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 763 4783.
Event Programme and address will be sent on receipt of completed booking form.
Thank you for undertaking your staff development training with Equality & Diversity UK.
We hope you will find this event enjoyable and useful